Announcing the winners of the Covered Bridge Art Contest 2018!
First Place: Sydney BM (Watercolor Oil Pastel) Willow Grove Kindergarten (Rivellino School of Art)
Second Place: Olivia S (Watercolor Oil Pastel) Willow Grove Kindergarten (Rivellino School of Art)
First Place: Patrick L (Watercolor Oil Pastel) Country Meadows (Rivellino School of Art)
Second Place: Yuna K (Watercolor Oil Pastel) Kildeer Countryside (Rivellino School of Art)
First Place: Meagan R (Mixed Media) Kildeer Countryside
Second Place: Singyee L (Colored Pencil) Kildeer Countryside (Rivellino School of Art)
First Place: Hannah R (Pointellism, Water Color) Woodlawn Middle School
Second Place: Alexandra K Woodlawn Middle School (Rivellino School of Art)
All winning entries will be displayed during Chocolate Fest (see details below). Entries will be returned to the student’s school early the week of May 21 along with the prizes. All winners will be asked to return with their winning art to the Covered Bridge at the end of May for a photo that will appear in the July issue of Long Grove Living. Winners should email Diane@LongGroveHistory.org with their contact information so that we can let you know the day and time. Congratulations to all!
First and Second Place Covered Bridge Art Contest Winners
Will be displayed at the Covered Bridge Creamery during Chocolate Fest
Winners should stop in and see the other artists on display, and have a little ice cream while you are there!
Covered Bridge Creamery
320 Old McHenry Road, Long Grove, IL
Hours – Sunday 9am – 3pm, Monday – Friday 6:30am – 4:30pm, Saturday 8am – 3pm
Hours may vary during festivals.
Covered Bridge Creamery offers premium quality ice cream, coffee and tea in a cozy setting for all to enjoy! Whether you’re in a rush while commuting or you come with your laptop or a great group of friends, they’ve got you “covered.” They also offer fresh, delectable pastries and all-day breakfast sandwiches for those looking for a quick bite. You can’t miss the wall mural as a homage to the historic Long Grove Covered Bridge. Enjoy a cup of coffee or a scoop of ice cream while sitting at our window seating overlooking the town. In the warmer months, enjoy the expansive outdoor patio and gazebo while listening to music.
Long Grove CHOCOLATE FEST 2018 Hours
Friday, May 18: 12pm- 11pm
Saturday, May 19: 10am – 11pm
Sunday, May 20: 10am – 6pm
Calling all Long Grove Area Kindergarten through 8th Graders!
- Create a beautiful picture of our covered bridge! Be sure to go visit the bridge to get a good view of it, but a link to pictures of the bridge is included at the bottom of this page.
- Feel free to use your imagination – your artwork doesn’t need to be a rendition of just the bridge, although that is totally fine. You can tell a story: Who might be crossing it? What time in history? What season is it? Who might be under it? What just happened?
- Be sure to clearly label the back of your submission with your name, school, and grade and…
- …be sure to meet the deadline as the judges will begin judging the entries right away.
- Judges will include a former art teacher, and a member of the Long Grove Artists Guild, among others.
- If you need more information, please email Diane@LongGroveHistory.org
- Remember, top entries will win prizes and …
- …tell all your friends, because the more entries we have the more we will be able to display around downtown Long Grove during our festivals in 2018!
Here’s a printable flyer about the contest: Art-Contest-Covered-Bridge-Flyer
Here’s a google image search which will give you lots of pictures of the bridge: Google Image Search Long Grove Covered Bridge